What do you do if it’s the last week of the month, and you have Rewards expiring soon? Don’t spend it on paper, batteries, boxes, or pens unless they are free! My mental checklist of items to look for starts with items that are free after rebate, and usually ends with me buying toner. Here is a Stapler checklist of . . .
What To Look For When Your Rewards Are About To Expire:
- Free after Rebate items. Check the Weekly Stapler during the last month of the quarter and look for items that are Free After Rebate. Execute Rewards Roll.
- Stockpile prices. Friend Stapler Confessions on Facebook and follow us on Twitter — we post the best of Staples’ daily deals and near the end of the quarter, we post suggestions for how to spend those Rewards (Emergency Preparedness kit, anyone?).
- Equipment purchases. Use Staples’ price-match guarantee to identify the best price for that equipment, and Staples will price match. (If it’s an online price, you may need to order from Staples.com).
- Ink/toner. If you don’t have a backup cartridge, spend your Rewards here, because you will probably need it before the end of the next quarter. Here’s how to save the most money on it: Find the best price (online or in stores), have Staples price-match, and use one of Staples’ online coupons (if applicable) to get the price down even further.
- Still coming up short? Do you have more Rewards than the cost of the items in your cart? Check out the break room supplies for your favorite household cleaning and paper products. Do you have a Keurig? Staples also sells K-Cups. Don’t forget to use your manufacturer’s and Staples coupons on these items!
What are your go-to “staple” items you buy at the end of the month if you haven’t rolled all of your Rewards?
Image courtesy of Staples. Stapler Confessions is not affiliated with Staples.