Here’s what I did this past week to save a few more bucks and earn a few extra bucks:
- Topped off my oil at Jiffy Lube for free. Did you know that if you bring your car back to Jiffy Lube within 3 months of your last oil change, they will top off your oil for free? Up to 2 quarts! That’s about a $12 value. Especially if your car is burning oil. Womp womp. 🙁
- Grabbed free school supplies. Last year, I picked up free markers, crayons, pencils, and colored pencils. When we got this year’s school supply list, I was able to fulfill half of the list just by shopping my stockpile.
- Scored some free pajamas. I used a $10 off $10 purchase coupon for Kohl’s to get pajamas for Baby Stapler — for free!
- Received a $10 grocery gift card for doing an energy audit. Months ago, I had an energy audit in the house and received a dozen free CFL bulbs, programmable thermostats, and extension cords that turn off appliances not in use. That was great in and of itself, so when I received a grocery gift card in the mail, it was icing on the cake.
- Earned $30 to fill out a questionnaire. Little Stapler’s doctor’s office is hosting a study that pays parents for filling out a developmental questionnaire. It took 20 minutes.
- Earned $300 for our HSA by filling out a questionnaire. Our high deductible health insurance allows us to have a Health Savings Account. It also deposits up to $1,000 for completing certain wellness activities. All we had to do to get this $300 was to fill out a wellness questionnaire. $700 left to go!
Those are my frugal tricks from this week. What did you do to save a little more and earn a little extra?
PS: Don’t forget to enter my blogoversary giveaway. It’s still running, and you can enter every day by tweeting!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Please enter early and often 😉